Local baker ‘Biskilicious Dina’s Biscuits‘ has been baking Halloween sugar cookies and below shares with us her yummy recipe for these biscuits…
100g Caster Sugar
225g Plain Flour
100g Icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons of water. Add food colouring of your choice.
Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4
1. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
2. Sift the flour into the mixture and using your hands create a smooth firm dough. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is 5mm thick. Using cutters, cut Halloween figures and place on a greased baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
4. For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Add the water and mix to form a smooth paste. Add food colouring (any colour you like) and mix it.
5. Spread the icing over the cookies with a palette knife or spoon let it dry for a few minutes (20 usually). Use a disposable piping bag to add detail to your design with other colours.
Easy to make, and decorate, this is a great recipe to try at home with your little ones – and that is just what we have done. My three year old and I spent the afternoon scaring ourselves with Halloween shaped dough and below is the outcome.
Why not give it a go?
See Biskilicious Dina’s Biscuits Facebook page for more information and products for Halloween and Christmas.