Anyone who believes in charity at Christmas will get the chance to support Operation Christmas Child again this year between 11th-18th November with the latest addition to drop of centres being at the David Wilson Homes Sales and Marketing Suite at Dickens Gate, Staplehurst.
Operation Christmas Child is run by Samaritans Purse who last year brought the spirit of Christmas to more than half a million children, delivering 511,200 shoeboxes in 11 countries worldwide, including Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Central Asia, Estonia, Liberia, Middle East, Moldova, Romania and Ukraine.
Local drop off centres other than David Wilson Homes Sales and Marketing Suite include ‘The Entertainer’ situated at The Mall in Maidstone, A-Plan Insurance, 69 Week Street, Maidstone, drop off to Vicky Ankers in West Malling (see www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk for contact details), Staplehurst Free Church, Station Road, Staplehurst, ‘The Entertainer’ situated in The Pentagon Shopping Centre, Chatham, Holcombe Grammar School, Maidstone Road, Chatham.
Nick Cole, Director of Operation Christmas Child UK, shared his hope for people getting involved this year. “We’d like to thank our generous supporters for helping to bring Christmas to so many children across the world last year. It’s fantastic to see that this year we have already received so much support from schools, companies, and individuals as we begin the run-up to our 2019 Operation Christmas Child collection.”
Anyone who would like to drop off a shoe box at any of the above locations between 11th-18th November will need to follow the following steps:
- Get an empty medium sized shoebox and wrap the lid and box separately in festive wrapping paper. Select the gender and age category: 2-4, 5-9 or 10-14 for your gift recipient, and download and attach the label to the top of your shoebox.
- Fill the box with suitable gifts, including stuffed animals or toys, school supplies, hygiene items, or clothing – further gift suggestions can be found on the website www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk. Please note that due to more stringent import regulations, sweets and toothpaste can no longer be included in the shoeboxes.
- Make an online payment of £5 to cover transportation costs (to donate, go to www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk)
- Print off barcode you receive once you have donated and place in the shoe box.
- Place a rubber band around the box and drop it off
For further details about Operation Christmas Child and how to pack the shoe box, visit www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk.